Hispanics are a fast-growing ethnic group and about 1-in-5 people in the USA. From 2010 to 2021 Hispanics accounted for 52% of the total US population increase. (Source: Pew) Nearly one in four new businesses are Hispanic-owned. (Source: SBA) Over the last 10 years, Hispanic entrepreneurs have started small businesses at more than 10X the rate of non-Hispanic counterparts (Source: Score) and own 5 million businesses contributing $800B to the US economy. JP Morgan Chase says that “Latino-owned businesses may be the U.S. economy’s best bet. The Hispanic demographic is so important that communities cannot have economic development success without Hispanic business success. Sometimes what Hispanic-owned businesses need is just like every other business and other times it’s unique.
• Understand the economics of Hispanic Americans.
• Learn the barriers and opportunities for Hispanic-owned businesses
• Discover tools, programs, and strategies EDOs are using to successfully serve Hispanics
• Gilberto Salinas, Kerr Economic Development Corporation, Executive Director
• Marybeth Stevens, Better Business Bureau El Paso, President
• Nathan Tafoya, CEcD, EDP, Mount Pleasant Economic Development Corporation, Executive Director